Why Ashhurst/Fitzherbert

I want to give a more vocal representation to the smaller fringe communities of Ashhurst, Summerhill area, Pohangia Valley, Massey, and Linton. I feel these areas often get overlooked by Council. I've especially noticed this since working at Linton for the past 10 years - often people are left in the dark on issues and events happening in our community.

If elected I will host monthly 'Councillor Coffee sessions' in both the Fitzherbert and Ashhurst areas for members of our ward to express concerns or raise issues in an informal and comfortble environment. I am honest, down to earth, and very approachable and want to be the eyes and ears of the Ashhurst/Fitzherbert ward. In the past, I've felt that Councillors tended to be too formal and unapproachable which often leads to people feeling to intimidated to approach them. This is one of the many things I want to CHANGE. Councillors are meant to serve their communities. Lets not forget that.

No comments: